(1) performs incoming, in-process and final inspection on components and products manufactured by, for, or distributed by Smith & Nephew Endoscopy Inc.
(2) Fulfills Quality System requirements as described within the Quality Manual.
(3) Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard assessments applicable to specified job activities including medical evaluations as required by job function.
Essential Job Functions:
* Performs basic receiving/in-process inspection on materials, assemblies and written materials. * Works under direction of higher tech's / inspectors. * Uses basic inspection equipment (Vernier, Micrometer, and DVM) to ensure product compliance to specification. * Works to establish inspection/test procedures.\\ * Exercises limited judgement in identifying workmanship and material defects and initiates appropriate corrective action and disposition. * Interprets basic blue prints. * Uses PC and Mainframe terminals to access product information. * Must have a thorough knowledge of GMP requirements and be aware of defects and errors likely to be encountered in day-to-day operations. * Performs other related duties as assigned by Quality Engineer.
Scope of Position Responsibilities:
For Supervision: None
For Internal and External Relationships:
* Internal: Extensive contact with production. * External: Interface with other organizational groups and customers for expediting quality data products.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 1-3 years manufacturing/quality experience. * Good written and oral communications skills. * Experience in a regulated environment preferred.