The Electronic Technician I will maintain and troubleshoot electronic equipment, controls, and computers used in Oilfield operations. Primary responsibilities include preforming simple to intermediate tests, troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, and repairs on electronic and electro-mechanical equipment both at the facility and on field locations and ensuring work area/lab is clean and orderly, with adequate tools and equipment. The incumbent will assist in maintaining inventory of spare parts for day to day operations.
* Directly reporting to Electronic Technician Supervisor
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
* Perform regular and scheduled maintenance on hydraulic fracturing equipment to ensure equipment remains in good working order.
* Perform repairs on equipment as needed in the field and in shop locations using hand and power tools.
* Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components.
* Diagnose basic electrical problems and troubleshoot how to correct them using wiring schematics, repair manuals, and part catalogs as necessary.
* Inspect, operate, and test equipment and components to help diagnose malfunctions.
* Assist in maintaining adequate spare parts inventory for day to day operations.
* Document repairs, inspections, and testing for all equipment.
* Read blueprints and schematics to perform component troubleshooting.
* Maintains a safe work environment following all QHSE requirements at all times.
* Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week.
* Performs other related duties as requested.
Education & Experience:
* 1-3 years of field experience (Required)
* Technical Degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education (Required)
* PEC Premier (Preferred)
* First Aid/CPR (Preferred)
Competencies & Key Behaviors
* Strong Work Ethic and ability to learn.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operations instructions and policies/procedures and communicate this information effectively.
* Ability to write reports and simple correspondence and effectively communicate/present information to groups of coworkers, customers, or members of the management team.
* Ability to understand and apply basic circuit principles.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work with hand and power tools.
* Mechanical aptitude.
* Working together in a positive team environment.
* Ability to adapt to changing work conditions.
* Ability to operate independently is important.
* Ability to champion a company safety culture.
* Ability to promote safety awareness, follow policies & procedures on quality, health, safety & environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
* Field/Shop: This job operates mostly on the field/shop with some occasional presence in the office.
Incumbent may be required to work in a nine to twelve-hour shift following a 14/7 rotation. He/she must be flexible to work for extended, non-standard hours whenever there is a requirement.
The job demands standing, walking for periods of 12 + hours per day and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local laws that prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, religion, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.